Massage therapy is an effective and natural way to deal with muscle tension and provide pain relief. Through touch, Massage Therapists work with muscles and soft tissue of the body. The techniques used can help relieve pain, reduce stress, heal injuries, improve circulation, increase relaxation and improve your overall well being. At Semlow Chiropractic, you are not required to be a Chiropractic patient to enjoy the benefits of massage therapy. Our licensed Massage Therapists are available to anyone in the Muskegon or surrounding areas who are looking to reap the benefits of this natural therapy.
Different Types of Massage Therapy
Several types of massage therapy options are offered in our office:
- Hot stone: A hot stone massage is a great way to help relax and ease muscle tension. During a hot stone massage, the techniques of a regular massage are applied, however, the therapist also works with hot, smooth, flat stones that are placed on parts of your body, specific to your needs. The stones are heated in hot water to a specific temperature to ensure your safety.
- Sports massage: This is a form of massage therapy geared toward those who participate in athletic activities. It is used to help prevent injuries, prepare the body for athletic activity and maintain optimal condition. It is also a great option to aid athletes in the recovery of injuries from sports and workouts.
- Swedish: This is one of the most common types of massage therapies available. It involves long, kneading strokes on various parts of the body. This is also combined with movements of the joints. By relieving muscle tension, Swedish massage can be both relaxing and energizing.
- Deep tissue: A deep tissue massage is best for giving attention to certain painful or stiff trouble spots in your body. The massage therapist uses slow, deliberate strokes that focus pressure on layers of muscles, tendons or other tissues deep under your skin. This type of massage therapy is meant to reach the deepest levels of your muscles to provide pain relief.
- Prenatal Massage Therapy: Research shows prenatal massage can help reduce anxiety, relieve joint pain and muscle aches and improve labor outcomes and newborn health. It can also help to decrease the symptoms of depression. The most common technique used for prenatal massage therapy is Swedish massage.
- Cupping therapy: This type of therapy is a special technique where the massage therapist places special cups on your skin to create suction. Cupping therapy is done for many reasons, including to help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well being and is an alternative form of deep tissue massage.
Our Massage Therapists Provide Natural Pain Relief
Finding the right massage therapist shouldn't be a difficult task. Semlow Chiropractic has several massage therapists on staff to provide the high-quality massage you deserve. If you live in Muskegon, Norton Shores, or the surrounding area, call us today at (231) 798-9355 to schedule an appointment.